closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Paying firms with cash

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    I wouldn't dare to override my landscape gardener....he's the damned expert in his field....albeit in a miniature scale to my own...but even so...
    You should have seen my face at the GP a few months back when she asked if I had a specific treatment in mind.

My answer was yes, whatever’s the most effective.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    You should have seen my face at the GP a few months back when she asked if I had a specific treatment in mind.

Exactly....It doesn't fill you with a great deal of confidence does it?

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Exactly....It doesn't fill you with a great deal of confidence does it?
    Spot on. I drove home wondering if she was stupid, or I came across as a Karen, or if it was just some new NHS nonsense she was being made to do. Probably all three.

Don't need to be a GP to tell your family member to get a vasectomy or a pack of jonnies!

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

You've touched upon the growing need to act as your own advocate when interacting with the NHS...if it seems kinda strange, jarring to you* , imagine being in your 80's and caring for a loved one, their mindset is one of absolute trust that the state in the person of the Dr's, nurses will always know- do what is best, will always provide good care efficiently...bloody distressing when they discover the ´´system´´ is far removed from this.

*I touched upon this phenomenon when discussing our situation with miscarriage, the wife´s GP´s only advice ´´keep trying´´ and then ´´Well you do your own research, tell me what you need- want´´...but, but you are supposed to be the highly trained medical person, you got all the notes, tasked- responsible with providing oversight, no?
    Last edited by Passenger; 27th April 2024 at 11:19.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    You've touched upon the growing need to act as your own advocate when interacting with the NHS...if it seems kinda strange, jarring to you* , imagine being in your 80's and caring for a loved one, their mindset is one of absolute trust that the state in the person of the Dr's, nurses will always know- do what is best, will always provide good care efficiently...bloody distressing when they discover the ´´system´´ is far removed from this.

*I touched upon this phenomenon when discussing our situation with miscarriage, the wife´s GP´s only advice ´´keep trying´´ and then ´´Well you do your own research, tell me what you need- want´´...but, but you are supposed to be the highly trained medical person, you got all the notes, tasked- responsible with providing oversight, no?
    Strange change indeed. I’m sure we all have our own theories.