closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: OEM bracelets - legit?

OEM bracelets - legit?

Quite a few times, I've bought secondhand watches on straps that I would prefer on the OEM bracelet and as we all know, bracelets from Omega, Breitling etc can be hideously expensive! Looking for a Breitling mesh at the moment and I've been looking at some eBay sellers such as this one:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166236272...3Avlp_homepage

or Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1668...hoCiSEQAvD_BwE

They seemingly sell OEM bracelets and have many positive reviews. When I look on companies house, the ebay sellers accounts seem to indicate he has £100k in stock, but these sellers operate from houses and not shops. The eBay seller also states that these are from a 'private collection'.

Just after general opinion, I can't see how you acquire such stock of OEM bracelets...are these high risk of being fake?

I’m inclined to assume if if looks like a duck, quacks like a duck…….

I'm pretty sure they will be fake, all that clear protective tape around the bracelet just look's wrong.
    I'm sure Breitling would have protective blue tape on the clasp at least. Plus no box.

Sent from a technical device

With so many cheap items being offered on these unregulated platforms and the brands keen to control the sale of spare parts etc, I would turn this around and automatically assume them to be fakes unless they can convince you otherwise.

Thanks all…yeah, that’s what my suspicions were…I just couldn’t understand how they got away with selling them at close to real prices and also why so many satisfied customers. I guess particularly with bracelets, telling the real thing from fake is pretty difficult.

The other bit that makes me suspicious is how would a small eBay trader get such access to the official supply chain.

It makes me wary of buying from outside the AD network.
    Last edited by Christian; 23rd April 2024 at 15:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    With so many cheap items being offered on these unregulated platforms and the brands keen to control the sale of spare parts etc, I would turn this around and automatically assume them to be fakes unless they can convince you otherwise.
    Yes, very wise way of spinning it!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Yes, very wise way of spinning it!
    Thanks. I remember trying to buy an Omega deployant, the ADs wanted over £300 yet there were loads listed for sale at £25 to £30 complete with Omega logos and part numbers on them and several sellers had them.

If someone can produce a receipt and prove it was bought from a legit source then fine, but wise to initially treat all bargains with suspicion.

At the vastly inflated prices of OEM bracelets, I’m more than happy with quality non OEM equivalents as long as they don’t have branding on them which would make them fakes.

Craftsman
    Staib makes great mesh bracelets (also for Breitling?), if OEM is not a must.

Craftsman
    I’ve actually been watching this IWC one for a while too. Assumed it was genuine to be honest, just thought it was strange that the label was scratched off the box!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166688432...mis&media=COPY