closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Clarkson's Farm 3

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    I agree with your points, Harry's probably not your typical farmer. He has though, taught me a lot more about farming than I knew before, some things I'd never thought of, that can't be bad. Didn't Clarkson win an award for bringing farmers' lives & issues to peoples' attention?
    Yes, ‘Flying the Flag for British Agriculture’ wasn’t it, at the British Farming Awards industry bash?

Not saying he hasn’t put farming in the spotlight, but it is but one particular perspective, and there are plenty of others.

Debt kills farms in my experience, the one I grew up next to was largely debt free, a third generation farmer, and the good years more than made up for the not so good years. A farm I worked on in my spare time at college/Uni was a tenant farm, and all his kit was borrowed for or leased. He eventually sold up to pay everything off before the stress killed him.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    Yes, ‘Flying the Flag for British Agriculture’ wasn’t it, at the British Farming Awards industry bash?

Not saying he hasn’t put farming in the spotlight, but it is but one particular perspective, and there are plenty of others.

Debt kills farms in my experience, the one I grew up next to was largely debt free, a third generation farmer, and the good years more than made up for the not so good years. A farm I worked on in my spare time at college/Uni was a tenant farm, and all his kit was borrowed for or leased. He eventually sold up to pay everything off before the stress killed him.
    Yep, definitely more than one perspective in the spectrum (if that's not a mixed metaphor). I do like the fact that people who might not normally think about where their food comes from might now do so after seeing this show...

Journeyman
    Looking forward to it again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    Yep, definitely more than one perspective in the spectrum (if that's not a mixed metaphor). I do like the fact that people who might not normally think about where their food comes from might now do so after seeing this show...
    Yep, agreed, a good topic for people to think about!