closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New releases - random chat

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Senninha View Post
    The new Chanel J12 'Cybernetic' from W&W. Not at all my taste, but a really striking watch. Apparently to represent the melding of digital world with hours, celebration of the pixel, blah, blah.

The pixel design on the dial is certainly striking. But once they went the whole way and made the whole right hand side of the case out of giant pixels, it became a sort of conceptual art piece that is saying, what exactly? That the world used to be analogue and now it’s digital? Blah blah blah, indeed. It’s hard to imagine why someone would spend a no doubt insane sum to make this particular public ’statement’. It reminds me of the perplexing Swiss sense of humour over at Moser with their analogue Apple Watch. I’ve never got that joke either, and I have no idea what point this pixel watch is trying to make.

These however, just look cool (in a Cruella de Vil way), they’re black and white because they can be and that’s enough. It’s certainly working for this lady:

https://timeandtidewatches.com/the-c...y-of-the-week/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    These however, just look cool (in a Cruella de Vil way), they’re black and white because they can be and that’s enough. It’s certainly working for this lady:

Wow, those are really striking, hadn't seen those. Surprised they made two 'midway' models as well as full black, full white and the split. Actually really interesting design concept, and much better than 'the pixel'!

Was very taken with De Bethune's new, elegant, minimalist chono the DB Eight -

...then I saw the price: £90,000!

I mean, you don't expect Casio prices from haute horlogerie, but seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    Was very taken with De Bethune's new, elegant, minimalist chono the DB Eight -

...then I saw the price: £90,000!

I mean, you don't expect Casio prices from haute horlogerie, but seriously?
    Strange looking case and lugs, going to look very odd wearing it

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Strange looking case and lugs, going to look very odd wearing it

Indeed, curious cases are something of a house speciality, though this one seems fairly sleekly minimalist (lugs aside), so should wear pretty discretely. I like it FWVLIW, it's an agreeable change from the me-too stuff of the mainstream.