closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Wordle

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    See Post #222. Not sure what else it could be with the letters identified (and a potential 'X').

There appears to be a few Wordle apps/games, am I correct in thinking that this version allows you to type in any random 5 letters even if they don't form a proper word? Or am I being dumb?

The Android app game I use won't allow improper words to be submitted, not only that but it also looks different to many of the screen shots shown. My GF's Apple app doesn't look like mine and has different words of the day so we also can't compete!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    There appears to be a few Wordle apps/games, am I correct in thinking that this version allows you to type in any random 5 letters even if they don't form a proper word? Or am I being dumb?

The Android app game I use won't allow improper words to be submitted, not only that but it also looks different to many of the screen shots shown. My GF's Apple app doesn't look like mine and has different words of the day so we also can't compete!
    Wordle will give you a 'not in word list' message if you try to submit random letters - needs to be a recognised word.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    Wordle will give you a 'not in word list' message if you try to submit random letters - needs to be a recognised word.
    Which is what happens with the Android app I use (pictured below) however what I've quoted above appears to have/allow random letters.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Which is what happens with the Android app I use (pictured below) however what I've quoted above appears to have/allow random letters.
    GLENT https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/glent
    VOZHD https://www.collinsdictionary.com/de...englisch/vozhd
    WAQFS https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/waqfs
    Last edited by Raffe; 7th February 2022 at 13:43.
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Oh...

Should have checked prior to posting, I suppose!
    Well, even Merriam-Webster doesn't have vozhd. And Collins don't have glent.

So probably fair to say they are not very common...
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raffe View Post
    Well, even Merriam-Webster doesn't have vozhd. And Collins don't have glent.

So probably fair to say they are not very common...
    I got them from the Covid thread
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Speaking to a work colleague earlier and she's informed me that most people use the web based version, I didn't even know it existed and presumed it would have been app only.

For those who weren't aware....

https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/