closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Turntable - recommendations

Hybrid View

Comes down to budget, how much space you have etc, if you have any kit you can reuse. I don't think that BT needs to be much of a consideration, you can get any number of adaptors to add it.

A decent second hand amp with a phono stage, then a turntable , a rega or a pro ject maybe, some speakers and go from there.

Alternatively, go to Richer sounds and have a chat. Any of these for £300 will be perfect, you might be able to come up with something slightly more interesting shopping around but these set up would be perfectlu okay

https://www.richersounds.com/promoti...tem-deals.html

I have that Tangent amp in a secondary system and it's totalling fine, and has BT as requested

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xxnick1975; 5th May 2024 at 16:30.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Not sure how good it is but my Michell Gyrodec sure looks the business...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    Although I cannot be bothered with vinyl (see other post) that is a thing of beauty and I can imagine loving to watch it play even more than any sound from it. A friend of mine had a Transcriptors turntable in the late '60s and it was such a departure from the norm - also a thing of beauty and maybe a source of inspiration for the Gyrodec? https://filmandfurniture.com/product...ckwork-orange/

Quote Originally Posted by JonRA View Post
    Although I cannot be bothered with vinyl (see other post) that is a thing of beauty and I can imagine loving to watch it play even more than any sound from it. A friend of mine had a Transcriptors turntable in the late '60s and it was such a departure from the norm - also a thing of beauty and maybe a source of inspiration for the Gyrodec? https://filmandfurniture.com/product...ckwork-orange/

John Michell (who designed and made the Gyrodec above) used to make parts for Transcriptors before taking over manufacturing of them so they're definitely a source on inspiration!

I've had a Gyro SE for many years and it's a lovely turntable.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    John Michell (who designed and made the Gyrodec above) used to make parts for Transcriptors before taking over manufacturing of them so they're definitely a source on inspiration!

I've had a Gyro SE for many years and it's a lovely turntable.
    Very interesting and I am not surprised there was a link. Thank you :)

Thanks for the replies so far. I plan a trip to Richer Sounds as a starter and will look at the suggestions here. On the vinyl vs cd/streaming. Obviously I have streaming and that will be my go to out and about but the thing with it is you never end up just sitting down and listening to an album. Whether it’s a playlist or skipping tracks the enjoyment of listening to an album as intended seems lost. I won’t be getting everything on vinyl, just those I love to listen to over and over where I can just sit and let it play.

That's my approach to vinyl and music in general. Use spotify for playlists etc but if there is an album I love and I want to own , Ill buy on vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by trident-7 View Post
    The Gyrodec is still well thought of, and likely to inspire to play vinyl in an otherwise digital front-end.

AND - looks fantastic sitting out on it's own, stationary or in use.