closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    As an aside , how many on here have seen more than one Bremont in the wild. Ill start , in serious watch watching since 2010 I havnt seen one. But then again…………I dont live in London ;). What was their genuine market penetration ?
    Being ex-military, I've seen a few on colleagues wrists and all of them Squadron watches. They did nothing for me...the design usually incorporated a silhouette of the aircraft and an extra numeral added next to an hour marker to either make the Squadron number or the aircraft ID.

Tbh they never really had a particularly recognisable design language - I can spot an Oris or a Sinn, a Rolex, an Omega or a Tudor - a cushion cased Seiko Diver or a Doxa, a Hamilton Khaki etc - across a room. I think I’d recognise an MB2 with the 2 crowns and the odd second hand - but the rest? No, don’t think I would

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Tbh they never really had a particularly recognisable design language - I can spot an Oris or a Sinn, a Rolex, an Omega or a Tudor - a cushion cased Seiko Diver or a Doxa, a Hamilton Khaki etc - across a room. I think I’d recognise an MB2 with the 2 crowns and the odd second hand - but the rest? No, don’t think I would
    I think that's why the MB2 stood out as their only remotely interesting watch to me. Everything else seemed generic.

Bremont - what have they done?

I really like Bremont. It has been something of a slow burn for me, but over the years I’’’ve grown to appreciate their watches. I liked the idea that they were a brand trying to revive the British watchmaking industry. I now have three of their watches, an MB, an S501 and a Supermarine Chrono. I like the toolish designs and the way they’’re built. The MB has been in two accidents, both of which would have tested the anti-shock system to the limit, but it never missed a beat. That for me is a great watch, one that has been designed to do a job and exceeds your expectations.
    I don’’’t particularly like this rebranding exercise they are currently embarking upon. However, pretty much every watch brand has been in a similar situation at one time or another. I hope they learn from this and don’’’t destroy everything they’’’ve built so far.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Blackhawk; 7th May 2024 at 23:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk View Post
    I really like Bremont. It has been something of a slow burn for me, but over the years I’ve grown to appreciate their watches. I liked the idea that they were a brand trying to revive the British watchmaking industry. I now have three of their watches, an MB, an S501 and a Supermarine Chrono. I like the toolish designs and the way they’re built. The MB has been in two accidents, both of which would have tested the anti-shock system to the limit, but it never missed a beat. That for me is a great watch, one that has been designed to do a job and exceeds your expectations.
    I don’t particularly like this rebranding exercise they are currently embarking upon. However, pretty much every watch brand has been in a similar situation at one time or another. I hope they learn from this and don’t destroy everything they’ve built so far.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app
    Completely agree

Sent from my SM-F946B using Tapatalk