closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Bremont - what have they done?

Hybrid View

Grand Master
    The other thing that people are missing is that Bremont is a British company with a mainly British market and it is only recently that the company has made a consolidated effort to project into Asia and America so I do think that whilst we all have opinions and desires as to how the business will end up. You do need to wait, if it fails it fails at least they tried, which is more than can be said for many who are negative Nelly on here.
    RIAC

Quote Originally Posted by 100thmonkey View Post
    The other thing that people are missing is that Bremont is a British company with a mainly British market and it is only recently that the company has made a consolidated effort to project into Asia and America so I do think that whilst we all have opinions and desires as to how the business will end up. You do need to wait, if it fails it fails at least they tried, which is more than can be said for many who are negative Nelly on here.
    Written like a man with some skin in the game...Pretty hard to miss their Britishyness, it used to be one of their main USP's after all, the plucky maverick underdog trope, better to try and fail than never to have tried before etc, etc...hadn't realised they never made a profit though until someone mentioned it on the thread...isn't that in itself confirmation of failure, now the undeniable fact the Brothers English have had to/ chose to sell out to a venture cap and ceded their positions of authority just hammers the point home I'd have thought...plus of course the new fella disparaging features like the Trip tick case, change of direction, logo, etc...Though heck be of good cheer maybe the 'authentic' pre sell out Bremont's will rise in value.
    Last edited by Passenger; 18th April 2024 at 08:45.

Very British to prefer the previous version of something before they mucked it up. The brand has reached its destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Very British to prefer the previous version of something before they mucked it up. The brand has reached its destiny.
    And the glorious failure narrative that's been floated by monkey there, does have a strong British military, historic, cultural/poetic theme ''Forward, the light brigade''...fit's the former BREMONT, all that gimmicky putting literal historical bit's and bobs in watches...marvellous, destiny done.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Yup, for a while it had a USP, now it hasn't - another brand in a field full of brands.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    hadn't realised they never made a profit though until someone mentioned it on the thread...isn't that in itself confirmation of failure, now the undeniable fact the Brothers English have had to/ chose to sell out to a venture cap and ceded their positions of authority just hammers the point home I'd have thought
    what is it about people on internet forums who think that a company not showing a profit is a sign of failure. In the financial world it's actually the company ideal as then there are no taxes to be paid. A quick example, Manchester United football club didn't make a profit for the last four financial years with a gross debt of £990 million! Well that's the end of them according to the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by theancientmariner View Post
    what is it about people on internet forums who think that a company not showing a profit is a sign of failure. In the financial world it's actually the company ideal as then there are no taxes to be paid. A quick example, Manchester United football club didn't make a profit for the last four financial years with a gross debt of £990 million! Well that's the end of them according to the internet.
    Quite so, silly me.

I know nothing of the football business

Blog Entries
    Profit or no profit, good business model or not, the new models look shite and are way to expensive.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    Profit or no profit, good business model or not, the new models look shite and are way to expensive.
    Inspired by someone posting on the thread mentioning a collaboration with Ronnie Wood!!! I looked it up, had to, oh dear, with apologies to all the Bremont afficianados , those in the know...

https://www.bremont.com/pages/ronnie-wood

''Ronnie Wood has individually hand painted 47 limited edition watch dials whilst being on tour with the Rolling Stones, a nod to the year he was born, 1947. Each watch in the collection is a one-of-a-kind piece, showcasing original art from Ronnie himself, and housing a rather special Vaucher Manufacture Fleurier movement with moon phase complication. The exquisitely hand-finished mechanism has been housed in a beautifully designed and engineered 42mm, 18 carat white gold case using Bremont’s signature Trip-Tick three-piece format.''

Weird...almost as if they were willing to throw a lot, anything desperately at the wall...where was the brand synergy, watches/ Co. big on flying machines and old rocker Ronnie Wood's really not very good daubings...and their signature Trip tick case, sorry pointless gimmick....
    Reckon the bros English done well finding a buyer tbh...you gotta know when to fold 'em...
    Last edited by Passenger; 18th April 2024 at 09:45.

But if you don't make a profit, your investors need to be convinced that the profit they are chasing will be realised at some stage otherwise they'll pull the plug. For me, bringing in a new CEO and appearing to change the brand direction completely against a backdrop of a cooling down of the luxury watch market isn't a great sign...but then again, I'm dreadful at investing so I'm probably wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    But if you don't make a profit, your investors need to be convinced that the profit they are chasing will be realised at some stage otherwise they'll pull the plug. For me, bringing in a new CEO and appearing to change the brand direction completely against a backdrop of a cooling down of the luxury watch market isn't a great sign...but then again, I'm dreadful at investing so I'm probably wrong!
    on the face of it I would agree. There again, there can be ulterior motives for investors that the general public might not know about. Then of course, we really don't have a clue what Bremonts future might be. The watches might sell like hot cakes to the average clueless high street watch buyer.

Master
    ...maybe the 'authentic' pre sell out Bremont's will rise in value.
    I'm hoping for the opposite. Quite fancy a half price Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    I'm hoping for the opposite. Quite fancy a half price Fury.
    Not my bag as watches, reckon you could do alright though, with the romance, the dream gone...can the watches themselves justify, hold their prices, seems doubtful.
    Last edited by Passenger; 18th April 2024 at 10:11.

Master
    Not my bag as watches, reckon you could do alright though, with the romance, the dream gone...can the watches themselves justify, hold their prices, seems doubtful.
    The old watches can at half price. I've never bought a Bremont at full RRP.

To be fair very few watches hold their value. Will be interesting to see what happens on the used market.

Quote Originally Posted by funkstar View Post
    The old watches can at half price. I've never bought a Bremont at full RRP.

To be fair very few watches hold their value. Will be interesting to see what happens on the used market.
    I notice quite a few models on sale with substantial discounts at the moment at Goldsmiths.

Not my bag as watches
    you're kidding me? really? I've had to take a moment there it was such a shock.

you're kidding me? really? I've had to take a moment there it was such a shock.
    Always on the fence me, gotta be more decisive.