closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Premier League 2023-24

Hybrid View

Blog Entries
    Something about the new Liverpool manager Arne Slot. (‘Arne’ pronouced as ‘Arnu’ like the ‘u’ in ‘uh…’).

He’s from a bordertown in the east (my mother’s hometown as well) and now lives in Zwolle in a rather modest home. Close to former MU defender Jaap Stam, btw. His townhouse reflects him I think: accessable. Not with all sorts barriers around him.

Dutch manangers have always struggled in the Premier League, but Slot’s strong point is that his teams play better than one would expect ‘on paper’. They do better than expected.

In his current role as Feijenoord manager, he introduced a lot of young players. Their performance goes up like a rocket. Matts Wieffer, Santiago Gimenez (Mexican) and Orkan Köçku. The latter plays @ Benfica now but is totally unhappy there. I wouldn’t be surprised when he wants to join Liverpool/Arne Slot.

Slot is a popular man in Rotterdam. That’s underlined by the fact that all Dutch papers write: “He’s leaving through the front door as a proud man!”

He never had big stars like Salah in his teams. And it might be best that Salah searches for greener pastures (well, sand in SA I guess). VVD and Slot will go along well.

As said, the PL and Dutch coaches is a troublesome mix. But he doesn’t have the ‘cocky’ attitude of Louis van Gaal or Ten Hag.

One negative point: Slot is a wizzard when it comes to talking with the 4th official. He manages to influence them. Not only national, but also during the games in Europe.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Something about the new Liverpool manager Arne Slot. (‘Arne’ pronouced as ‘Arnu’ like the ‘u’ in ‘uh…’).

He’s from a bordertown in the east (my mother’s hometown as well) and now lives in Zwolle in a rather modest home. Close to former MU defender Jaap Stam, btw. His townhouse reflects him I think: accessable. Not with all sorts barriers around him.

Dutch manangers have always struggled in the Premier League, but Slot’s strong point is that his teams play better than one would expect ‘on paper’. They do better than expected.

In his current role as Feijenoord manager, he introduced a lot of young players. Their performance goes up like a rocket. Matts Wieffer, Santiago Gimenez (Mexican) and Orkan Köçku. The latter plays @ Benfica now but is totally unhappy there. I wouldn’t be surprised when he wants to join Liverpool/Arne Slot.

Slot is a popular man in Rotterdam. That’s underlined by the fact that all Dutch papers write: “He’s leaving through the front door as a proud man!”

He never had big stars like Salah in his teams. And it might be best that Salah searches for greener pastures (well, sand in SA I guess). VVD and Slot will go along well.

As said, the PL and Dutch coaches is a troublesome mix. But he doesn’t have the ‘cocky’ attitude of Louis van Gaal or Ten Hag.

One negative point: Slot is a wizzard when it comes to talking with the 4th official. He manages to influence them. Not only national, but also during the games in Europe.
    Many thanks for that intuitive insight, very interesting. Hopefully he is going to be a good replacement for Klopp and doubly hoping things don't implode like our neighbours across the East Lancs corridor did. Big shoes to fill and guessing there's going to be lots of comings and goings during the rest of 2024

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LRB255 View Post
    Many thanks for that intuitive insight, very interesting. Hopefully he is going to be a good replacement for Klopp and doubly hoping things don't implode like our neighbours across the East Lancs corridor did. Big shoes to fill and guessing there's going to be lots of comings and goings during the rest of 2024
    We (Dutch) are proud when one of ‘us’ plays in the PL. A lot bigger and better than our ‘Mickey Mouse competition’. Slot is a likeable guy, all here agree on that.

We've been, and I can't stress this enough, an absolute shambles. It's a long time since I've heard frustration in the stands.

EDIT: second half has been better.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 27th April 2024 at 16:40.

Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    We've been, and I can't stress this enough, an absolute shambles. It's a long time since I've heard frustration in the stands.

EDIT: second half has been better.
    Just a bit.....

What was the argie bargie between Klopp and Salah about?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Traveller View Post
    Was wondering that too. I am guessing Salah said he didn't want to come on?

Maybe he thought he should have started.

Klopp told Salah they couldn't find his asthma inhaler.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    We (Dutch) are proud when one of ‘us’ plays in the PL. A lot bigger and better than our ‘Mickey Mouse competition’. Slot is a likeable guy, all here agree on that.
    I wouldn't say mickey mouse league, some great battles over the years, Feyenoord, Ajax. One of my all time heroes, Dirk Kuyt, Wijnaldum to name but a good few