closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fury vs Usyk

Hybrid View

Master

Fury vs Usyk

I have been listening to Talk Sport the last week going on about the negotiations for this fight and reading about it on the 'World Boxing Forum'.
    Lots of contributors on the forum were accusing Fury of ducking this fight by offering insulting purse terms/splits etc.. Most of the posters thought it should be a 50/50 or maybe even a 60/40 split in Fury's favour.

Usyk has just called Fury's bluff by accepting his purse terms of a 70/30 split and adding his own rider of a £1million donation by Fury to the Ukranian's.
    I'm not a big boxing fan, I like to see the odd big fight when they are on, but after seeing a few Instagram clips of Fury slagging Usyk and belittling him I really want the Ukranian to win.
    I realise a lot of it is all hype to generate the cash and ppv's etc but there is something deeply unpleasant about Tyson Fury (and his dad) and I hope he gets beaten. Just seen a clip of him on a beach somewhere saying he is starting his training. He looks and sounds well out of shape..

to the fight fans on here - do you think Usyk can beat the Gypsy King aka 'greedy belly' ?

that is what Usyk is calling him :)

Master
    It’s boxing and anything can happen but on paper Fury walks that fight for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    It’s boxing and anything can happen but on paper Fury walks that fight for me.

I agree, both obviously world class and technically brilliant but Fury is just too big for him.

Master
    Didn't people say the same when it was AJ vs Usyk though?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    Difference is Fury can box and has decent footwork…..
    Last edited by Rob153; 11th March 2023 at 22:48.

Fury is a much better boxer than AJ. Size is about the only similarity.

I think they're evenly matched in everything but size and power, so with that Fury wins by stoppage for me. Usyk had a hard night with Chisora in my opinion!

Still a great fight and Fury is one of the only boxers that I will get up at 4am to watch :) I just hope it happens!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by alexaff View Post
    I think they're evenly matched in everything but size and power, so with that Fury wins by stoppage for me. Usyk had a hard night with Chisora in my opinion!

Still a great fight and Fury is one of the only boxers that I will get up at 4am to watch :) I just hope it happens!
    I just watched the Usyk vs Chisora fight - that was v entertaining! Chisora gave it everything but it never looked like Usyk was rattled at all and I thought he was going to knock Chisora out right at the end of the 7th round. Chisora looked dazed as he went back to his corner. Usyk was so quick and skillful on his feet and was landing some good combos.
    It was good to see them embrace at the end of it - great sportsmanship from both fighters.

Some of those bouncers / security guards look harder than the boxers.

Difficult to call the main event, from a British perspective I want Fury to win, but difficult to know how good he really is. Don’t think he would have lasted too long with Ali, Frazier, Forman and Tyson in their prime.

For you young chaps dig out a You Tube video of Marvelous Marvin Hagler V Thomas Hitman Hearns for the most brutal first round ever. A bit of that would be good tonight.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Difficult to call the main event, from a British perspective I want Fury to win, but difficult to know how good he really is. Don’t think he would have lasted too long with Ali, Frazier, Forman and Tyson in their prime.

For you young chaps dig out a You Tube video of Marvelous Marvin Hagler V Thomas Hitman Hearns for the most brutal first round ever. A bit of that would be good tonight.
    Throw Duran in the mix as well

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

No mention of the great Larry Holmes……

I’m going for Fury.

Master
    Yes been keeping an eye on this.
    Does feel perhaps Fury doesn’t want it. Or it would have been done by now surely.
    70/30 is a bit insulting but as said in the OP Usyk has accepted with the small caveat. Hence let’s hope it happens.
    I’m a Fury fan but some of his antics will turn people against him. Especially if he doesn’t get this fight made.

Who will win?
    As above Fury should walk it but Usyk is solid and there is a small chance of him outpointing Fury if he isn’t on his A game.

Blog Entries
    The gypsy king is such a unorthodox fighter he should not be able to do what he does for the size and weight off him , usyk has not become champ for no reason but I feel fury will take the win with reach and weight

and I would love to see fury v Joshua only because it needs to happen for fury to close his legacy and all the critics can put it to rest other wise it will always be who was better and the money involved would be massive

I'm a massive boxing fan and really didn't think this fight would have been so hard to make, both men can make history with being a unified Heavyweight Champ, that is very rare in modern boxing.

Fury has to realise that once the Saudi's pulled out then the money would be a lot less, back to realistic values like they have been for the last 30 or 40 years( lets be honest he's still going to make 50 million plus i believe if it goes ahead), tbh the Saudi's have inflated the money to simply try and sportswash boxing.

For me its looking like Wembley is the only place they can put it on, Fury being British and Usyk has a decent following over here also, 60/40 to Fury is fair across the gate and pay per views. After that it's clear to me Usyk wants this fight more than Fury, which is a shame as i think Fury will win the fight quite comfortably even as good as Usyk is (a good big un beats a good little un).

Hopefully they can make the fight as there have been too many instances in boxing's past where top fighters have ducked each other, current one i want to see is Crawford v Spence but again it just isn't going to happen until its too late.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    I'm a massive boxing fan and really didn't think this fight would have been so hard to make, both men can make history with being a unified Heavyweight Champ, that is very rare in modern boxing.

Fury has to realise that once the Saudi's pulled out then the money would be a lot less, back to realistic values like they have been for the last 30 or 40 years( lets be honest he's still going to make 50 million plus i believe if it goes ahead), tbh the Saudi's have inflated the money to simply try and sportswash boxing.

For me its looking like Wembley is the only place they can put it on, Fury being British and Usyk has a decent following over here also, 60/40 to Fury is fair across the gate and pay per views. After that it's clear to me Usyk wants this fight more than Fury, which is a shame as i think Fury will win the fight quite comfortably even as good as Usyk is (a good big un beats a good little un).

Hopefully they can make the fight as there have been too many instances in boxing's past where top fighters have ducked each other, current one i want to see is Crawford v Spence but again it just isn't going to happen until its too late.
    yep, I suppose there is no getting away from the 'good big un beats a good little un' maxim - just that I would love it if Usyk could shut Fury up! I was well pleased when Fury beat Wilder twice but this time, what with all his spouting about 'not caring about the money' etc and belittling Usyk, I want the Ukranian to win..

yep, I suppose there is no getting away from the 'good big un beats a good little un' maxim - just that I would love it if Usyk could shut Fury up! I was well pleased when Fury beat Wilder twice but this time, what with all his spouting about 'not caring about the money' etc and belittling Usyk, I want the Ukranian to win..
    I’m inclined to say i wouldn’t be that gutted if Usyk won, he is a rare thing in boxing being able to mix with the bigger guys.

Still think Tyson is too big for him, he will lean on him in the clinches and the tie ups on the ropes, that will catch up with Usyk towards the end, i reckon Fury stops him late on.

Walk in the park for Fury. Not even close

Master
    I hope Fury thinks it will be a walk in the park. Currently on the world boxing forum the vote is 48% for a Usyk win on points and Fury 28% win on points and almost 13% for a KO by Fury..
    Seems like he (Fury), has lost a lot of fans with his antics though, plenty of people calling him a disgrace and worse..

I hope Fury thinks it will be a walk in the park. Currently on the world boxing forum the vote is 48% for a Usyk win on points and Fury 28% win on points and almost 13% for a KO by Fury..
    Seems like he (Fury), has lost a lot of fans with his antics though, plenty of people calling him a disgrace and worse..

It’s well documented that Fury has mental health problems , bipolar being one of them. I think that plays a part in his behaviour at times.

Master
    not sure that played a part in his fight purse shenanigans..

Master
    Fury will beat him however he likes once he knuckles down for camp.

He can be a bit of an ass at times but I think it's for show to be honest

Master
    I’d take those as odds!

It seems to me the size difference puts Usyk at a huge disadvantage, perhaps insurmountable. I don't see how he could outpoint Fury...maybe only a lucky KO.

Master
    I think the size comments might be right but and there may be nothing he can do about that aspect of the fight. I think Usyk is a better boxer and is way more disciplined/dedicated and personally I can’t stand Fury so I hope he loses.

Master
    more shenanigans from Fury today, seems like he really doesn't want this fight to be made.

Master
    more shenanigans from Fury today, seems like he really doesn't want this fight to be made.
    Yep to not have a rematch clause in such a big fight is definitely not normal.

I fear a lot will lose patience with his games unless this gets signed this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Yep to not have a rematch clause in such a big fight is definitely not normal.

I fear a lot will lose patience with his games unless this gets signed this week.
    But whose loss is it in not having a rematch clause, if you were Usyk and really that confident of a win? If you were confident, then you’d definitely take it regardless.
    It's just a matter of time...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    But whose loss is it in not having a rematch clause, if you were Usyk and really that confident of a win? If you were confident, then you’d definitely take it regardless.
    It’s not just about confidence. It’s standard practice in a fight like this. Anyone could have bad night and get hit with a lucky hit etc.

Remember Lennox ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zanderpants View Post
    I think the size comments might be right but and there may be nothing he can do about that aspect of the fight. I think Usyk is a better boxer and is way more disciplined/dedicated and personally I can’t stand Fury so I hope he loses.

+1!

Craftsman
    Looks like it's not happening. Fury moving the goalposts again. The man is a joke.

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/new...ionship-is-off

Sent from my SM-A137F using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Reports suggest usyk to face dubois as the mandatory challenger if the fight is definitely off, but where does fury go from here. Wilder 4?i wonder if some sort of boxing match up with Ngannou (ufc) is a possibility, would that attract enough money to motivate fury? No doubt a few more headlines before the next fight is confirmed. Its a shame a chance to unify the titles has gone.

Craftsman
    Resurrecting this one as the fight is tonight.

I fancy Usyk either on points or late stoppage.

Fury's performance against Ngannou was awful, and whilst he'll be a different fighter this time around, I still think Usyk will be too much for him.

What's everyone else's prediction?

I really can’t call it. I’ve got a feeling fury will win but I think it will go the distance.

Bookies can’t call it either. Both odds on.

Grand Master
    Fury to win Rd 7

RIAC

Master
    Usyk on points, want him to shut the Fury's up..

Master
    Usyk on points, want him to shut the Fury's up..
    This is what I’m hoping for; the height and reach of Fury does however make me worry he might win.

Usyk to win a unanimous decision. Fury won't be able to handle the southpaw

Fury by KO, 4th round

Craftsman
    Fury for win, needs to keep it long range flicking jabs & left right lefts. Shouldn't be any issue of low blows with height differences :)

Master
    Im hoping for a Fury win but I have an inkling Usyk will do it.
    Fury hasn’t seemed as good in the ring the last couple of years.

Craftsman
    Big incentive for Fury, a mouthwatering last before retirement fight with Joshua. If it did happen would be nice if it could be played out in the Uk

Master
    Two best heavyweight fighters of past 20 years. Could be a classic. Couldn't call it.

Craftsman

Ring of Fire

One advantage of living in the desert...... I'm going tonight..... don't really know much about boxing but looking forward to it...... on a related note they have been heavily pushing tickets last week or two so probably not a sell out..... shame really, should be in a better location for true fight fans......

Master
    Fury all day long. No contest.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by stefmcd View Post
    Two best heavyweight fighters of past 20 years. Could be a classic. Couldn't call it.
    I wouldn't put Fury ahead of the Klitschko brothers. He may have beaten Wladimir, who wasn't at his best in a bore fest, but you can't ignore what they did over the previous 10 years and say that puts him ahead of them. Who else has he beat? Wilder was being fed crap for years, and as soon as he fought anyone decent (Fury and Parker), he got beat.

We'll see how good he really is tonight.

Two of the best of the last twenty years but those twenty years have been absolutely terrible for the division. Go back beyond those twenty years and neither of these fighters would even be getting a title shot, let alone be holding belts. Hoping for a Usyk win but hoping more that the division can sort itself out and we can have some real talent again.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    Two of the best of the last twenty years but those twenty years have been absolutely terrible for the division. Go back beyond those twenty years and neither of these fighters would even be getting a title shot, let alone be holding belts. Hoping for a Usyk win but hoping more that the division can sort itself out and we can have some real talent again.
    Fury would hold his own in any era, he is pretty unique for a heavy weight

Craftsman
    This has a controversial Draw written all over it.

Cordina/Cacace currently on - cracking fight!