closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: More bike related stuff

Hybrid View

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    What’s the equivalent of a guilty pleasure, when you know you probably shouldn’t want something but you still do?

https://www.wallpaper.com/transporta...tric-motorbike
    I used to think the vehicles in Tron were sci fi , but with bikes like this and a recent Rivian car I saw on holidays the future styling is here!

Work starts today...

Well, my exterior work starts today, and will include:

• New side gate
    • New fencing to front garden
    • Demolition of old slab and removal of two old sheds
    • Provision of new slab and electrics for garage (including 2 ground anchors)
    • Provision of path to patio
    • Conversion of existing patio steps to ramp
    • Provision/fixing of garage (including steel side door, opening window, guttering and downpipes)
    • Installation of electrics (consumer unit, 4 x double sockets and LED lighting)

I got three quotes (all from builders who seemed highly regarded on Rated People), and costs - excluding the garage, which is about £4.5k including delivery and fixing - ranged from £12k to £9.2k; I'm going with the cheapest, as he seems at least as proficient as the other two. Total costs for the garage and associated work alone will amount to £11.6k but I'm hoping it'll add a bit of value to the house (albeit it's going to be at the end of the garden, and won't provide storage for cars). Anyway, I went for 12'x18' in the end, and it'll look pretty much like this although the path to the patio is going to be narrower (about 4'wide, in fact, as I want to limit the loss of lawn)...

The garage is going up on 23rd May, and I'll be collecting my bike from storage as soon thereafter as I can. As you can imagine, it's very exciting!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 29th April 2024 at 11:53.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Ther garage is going up on 23rd May, and I'll be collecting my bike from storage as soon thereafter as I can. As you can imagine, it's very exciting!
    A purchase you'll never regret Tony, congrats! Just look at it as the cost of a decent bike that you never ride, a lot of us have at least one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    The garage is going up on 23rd May, and I'll be collecting my bike from storage as soon thereafter as I can. As you can imagine, it's very exciting!
    Best thing ever Tony, really looking forward to seeing the progress and hearing just how much you love it. Having more space does bring its own first world problems though, I’m currently on three bikes, contemplating a fourth!

Quote Originally Posted by Thewatchbloke View Post
    A purchase you'll never regret Tony, congrats! Just look at it as the cost of a decent bike that you never ride, a lot of us have at least one of those!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craizeehair View Post
    Best thing ever Tony, really looking forward to seeing the progress and hearing just how much you love it. Having more space does bring its own first world problems though, I’m currently on three bikes, contemplating a fourth!
    I’m sure I’ll have no builder’s remorse, and just fear the consequences the space might have!