closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Any good New TV Series worth watching

Hybrid View

Master
    Try Suits or Grimm - broacst on Dave and W channels on sky.

Stan Lee's Lucky Man is back with season 2

The Americans season 5 starts today.

Harry Hills Alien Fun Capsule

Not a series but a new TV show, Harry Hills Alien Fun Capsule, watched the first episode of this new TV show last week and it had me in tears..

Its hilarious on so many levels, Harry, the way everything is sprung on the celeb guests you can tell its not scripted which I really like.

Just watched the second instalment, and its so funny, laugh out loud funny, I love it.

Anyone else seen it.?

Cardinal is well worth a watch, crime thriller, and its already been given the green light for a further two series :)

Just watched the first couple of episodes of 'Killjoys' on Netflix. Decent enough undemanding, low-budget sci-fi. Ass-kicking, hottie bounty hunter in skin-tight leather is Yorkshire lassie Hannah John-Kamen.

Just watching Sherlock series 4, sadly it has jumped the shark.

Finished Travelers, and looking forward to season 2 which has been filmed, and should be available to buy soon.

Currently up to half way through the third season of Strike Back, the budget for this show has to be way into six figures, but no doubt Millions..

A couple of new TV Series I'm waiting for to complete, then will buy them, American Gods, and Boy in Blue. Both have a very good cast line up.
    Last edited by SSTEEL; 7th May 2017 at 15:27.

I know I've mentioned this before, but it really is worth another shout out, and recommendation, if you haven't already seen Strike Back, then buy it, right off the bat with season 1 it was amazing, but the thing is, each series right up to season 5 just kept on getting better and better, and its worth mentioning that this show appears to have a massive (millions) budget, but its one of the very few TV shows that has in-house actors who perform all their own stunts.

Its a proper guys film, loads of shooting, sex, and superb storylines. Damien Scott played by http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0822982/?ref_=tt_cl_t2 you will have seen him in Blindspot, , and Michael Stonebridge played by http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0934618/?ref_=tt_cl_t1 work so well together, it reels you in, edging them on, and wishing them well, some of the shootouts even though serious, and gritty, the dialogue, and swearing makes you chuckle as the banter between Stapleton, and Winchester during these scenes, its very obvious they loved travelling around the world filming this show, not to mention, performing their own stunt too boot. Stapleton suffered an injury during the filming, cannot remember off there top off my head which season, but it delayed filming for a while.

There's a sixth season too, unsure how this will shape up as theirs a new team, and no Stapleton or Winchester, but I will certainly give it a watch when its released, which it is anytime now.

Anyone trying Ozark on Netflix? I'm two episodes in and it's shaping up well.

Just watched the Pilot of OZARK http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5071412/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Brilliant so far, the complete first season is available, and the show has been renewed for season 2 ;)

Just watched the pilot episode of Lucifer. Highly entertaining, especially the idea of having the devil as a rather fey Englishman running a nightclub in Los Angeles.

Just finished Fauda (chaos, in Arabic) on Netflix. Israeli series - 12 half hour episodes. Scary, edge of your seat stuff about an Israeli counter-terrorism unit. The team reminded me a bit of the team in Braquo, crossing moral and legal lines to get the job done against thoroughly ruthless enemies.

Watching 'Happy' on Netflix. If you like your series batshit mental and as if everybody who worked on it was on meth, you'll like this.

just watched the first couple of episodes of Hostages on Netflix. Shaping up to be a typically tense, well-conceived and well-acted Israeli series.

Just watched the first episode of Stella Blomkvist, an Icelandic series starring the very easy on the eye Heida Reed (Elizabeth from Poldark). Pretty good so far, reminds me a bit of The Killing (murder cover-up of someone close to the government), but Stella is a smart lawyer rather than a policewoman and has a taste for drinking whisky, shagging and generally behaving badly.

I'm on season 6 of Suits, but it has well and truly jumped the shark.

I just finished Marcella season 2. Not a lot of laughs and more red herrings than Billingsgate Market - kept me guessing right to the end.

I do enjoy foreign series - Fauda, Hostages, The Killing, Stella Blomkvist, La Casa del Papel, Dark, etc. - actors I don't recognise, which makes them more believable, and locations that are unfamiliar and make a change from London or New York.

So, just watched the first episode of a Polish series called Ultraviolet on Netflix. Looks promising.

Just catching up with Vinyl - pretty good, my type of music and my favourite era. Only negative point is James Jagger - who can't act, can't sing and is a 32 year-old playing a 22 year-old. I wonder why on earth he was cast, apart, that is, from his father being executive producer.

Dead To Me on Netflix. Christina Applegate turns in a faultless performance - a truly brilliant comedy actress.

I'm 3 episodes in 'Better Than Us', a Russian Netflix series, which is shaping up quite nicely. It deals with Asimov's 3 laws of robotics and if you liked Humans, Westworld, Ex Machina, Blade Runner, etc., it's probably for you. Also, because Russian women.

The Virtues. Yes I know this was broadcast 8 months ago but we only just got around to watching it. What an incredible mini-series, superbly produced and acted and with a harrowing story that I am still mulling over days later. Certainly the most powerful TV I have seen in a very long time. Even the soundtrack is worthwhile with PJ Harvey contributing 5 original songs that saw me buying the record too.

It is a must watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Shane Meadows has long been a hero of mine. This interview is incredible on his inspiration for The Virtues, although far from easy to read:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...-graham-trauma

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Thank you for posting that, it was a tough read and adds another level to the intensely emotive story that is The Virtues. Little wonder the min-series was so powerfully portrayed, I found the flashback scenes superbly done and especially chilling. We watched 'This is England' years ago but I need to go back and find Shanes earlier movies.

Cheers

Westworld season 3 is out. If you watch episode 1, don't bugger off to put the kettle on when the end credits start - there's a final scene afterwards.

Halfway through a couple on Netflix-

Freud - a Netflix Austria original series. Well odd, all I can say is if you liked Penny Dreadful you'll probably like this. The main actress even bears (and bares) a striking resemblance to Eva Green.

The English Game - written by the same fellow (in fact Fellowes) behind Downton Abbey, all about the early days of the Football Association and the F.A. Cup at the end of the 19th century, when the game was dominated by teams of public school oldboys but who faced an increasing challenge from clubs of working men's teams from the north (Preston North End, Blackburn, etc) and, horror of horrors, paid players ruining the amateur game.

After Life season 2 now on Netflix.

Fauda on Netflix - brilliant! Best thing I've seen since Narcos.
    Last edited by TaketheCannoli; 2nd April 2021 at 11:31.

Journeyman
    may of been suggested before but Mr Inbetween is amazing, 100% worth a go

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7472896/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0

Craftsman
    Probably been mentioned multiple times in this thread but just finished the first series of Ted Lasso. I really enjoyed it, light hearted and charming, great to watch in addition to something darker.

This Is Going to Hurt on BBC. Comedy drama about an obstetrics registrar. First episode was very promising, with some genuinely funny comedy and challenging drama.

Cheaters on BBC. Comedy that starts with two people who have random hotel sex in Finland. 10-15 minute episodes, so probably best watched on iPlayer.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Anyone watching Andor the star wars spin off? I'm halfway through and really enjoying it.

It's more like a war film than sci fi. Think Kelly's Hero's in space but without the comedy.

Master
    Not new, but new to me. A decent Sci-fi series called "Dark Matter" showing on one if the Fred channels on the Firestick.

Not new but has anyone watched Mr Robot? Just heard about it today.

Thanks for all of the suggestions

I've just started The Tunnel (good so far) and will try Billions, Boch and a few others

Great resource this forum, thanks again

Just started on 'Californication' with David Ducovney, not new but it's pretty funny so far, plenty of norks too.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by johnboy9876 View Post
    Thanks for all of the suggestions

I've just started The Tunnel (good so far) and will try Billions, Boch and a few others

Great resource this forum, thanks again

Is that one a 'copy' of the bridge?

Just finished all 5 seasons of suits. Very very good - intelligent, sharp witty with good writing and some eye candy

Quote Originally Posted by maxwellwd View Post
    Just finished all 5 seasons of suits. Very very good - intelligent, sharp witty with good writing and some eye candy
    Oh yes! Rachel and Donna!
    As they said back in the day...
    "SHA-WING"

Elementary, Limitless and Better Call Saul are my current favourites.

Blindspot and Quantico are decent

Journeyman
    White collar is very entertaining too

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We've just started to watch Mad Men on Amazon prime video, only to have an email to say it's being removed at the end of the month. Good job we're loving it so far as we will have to get a mover on.

Quote Originally Posted by welshmatt View Post
    We've just started to watch Mad Men on Amazon prime video, only to have an email to say it's being removed at the end of the month. Good job we're loving it so far as we will have to get a mover on.
    You'll have a job to get through seven seasons before the end of the month. Luckily, there are always other ways to obtain it...

Journeyman
    If you like science fiction than maybe you will be interested in Westworld, very good cast, writing and direction.

Getting in to a new Netflix series filmed in Brazil, The 3%. Not an entirely original concept of a utopia and tests to become a memeber but it looks stunning.

Just started witching Mars, 3 episodes in and loving it. Really cleverly put together,so it is both science fact and science fiction

Just realised it's on sky boxsets, slight 1st world panic over.

Master
    Not sure if Gomorrah has been mentioned but it is one of the best thing on TV over the last couple of years.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    We've been watching 11.22.63. (Or 22.11.63 in the uk...;))

Go in a with an open and forgiving mind about time travel on TV/film and it's definitely worth a watch. Some excellent Stephen King moments and a lovely rendition of the time period.
    Started reading that on holiday last week. Very good and gave me a great vision of the past when he went back. I definitely wanted to try a root beer!

There was also a lot of mentions of IT with the clown, some of the victims etc. I'll be checking the series out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dapper View Post
    I watched this last night & really enjoyed it. Excellent performances with some laugh out loud moments. And the typical Julia Davis undercurrent of slightly sinister evil
    Have you watched it all or just the first few episodes? If you have some left then it gets better and so so dark. 😀 I've watched them all twice now, once with the Mrs who was squirming, and once with a mate and we were pissing ourselves .
    Cheers..
    Jase