This thread is a bit pessimistic. Here are some thoughts from me:

1. If watches bore you, well maybe you have reached the end of the road with them? Interests come and go in our lives, it isn't something to mourn - find a new hobby and embrace it.

2. Personally, i find new watches utterly dull. Rolex, Patek, blah blah... mostly bought by boring people to make a quick profit, many i find ugly and ostentatious. I have found a love for neo-vintage pieces. There is a whole host of interesting Breguet, Blancpain, Ebel history that people are just stumbling upon now. Not saying this will interest you, but this is what interests me and when this current obsession ends, maybe that'll be it for me, or maybe it'll be a segue into a new watch obsessions, who knows.

3. I am relatively young (34) and although this hobby is a bit bizarre to my comtemporaries, the covid driven boom in watch prices has generated interest in watches for younger people, and not all of them just obsess about the latest daytona. I have many friends interested in unique pieces - check out watch brothers London - Ben Dunne is a buddy of mine, younger than me and the next generation of watch collectors and academics.

Lastly, the forum may be closed to new members, but there are plenty of forums that aren't. Just because TZ might be on the slide doesn't mean every watch forum is, and if we want to fight to keep this forum going for the next generation, maybe we need to raise the topic with Eddie and see what we can do to encourage new membership.